We will be a global leader in the provision of Financial Information, Accounting and Procurement services by adopting relevant International Public Sector standards and practices.
To provide efficient Accounting, Procurement services and ensure compliance as well as discharge custodial and advisory services in accordance with relevant acts and regulations.
- Botho :- (Respect, Trustworthy, courtesy, honesty).
- Customer Focus :- (Timeliness, customer centred service).
- Accountability :- (Support, compliment, motivate).
- Teamwork :- (Responsive, responsible, answerable).
- Transparency :- (Consultation, accessibility to relevant information, openness).
- Creativity and Innovative :- (Proactive, embrace change)
Mandate of the Department
The office of the Accountant General (OAG) is a service department under the Ministry of Finance and Development Planning (MFDP) charged with the responsibility of ensuring proper accounting and financial systems, procurement and distribution of goods to ministries / departments in accordance with Acts and Regulations such as:
- Finance and Audit act (under review) Subsidiary Legislation
- Financial Instructions and Procedures (under review)
- Supplies Regulations and Procedures
- PPADB Regulations
- Procurement manual
OAG executes its mandate through two divisions being
Accounts and General Ledger
Compliance and Procurement