This section is composed of two Units;
i. Loss of Public Funds and Cost Recovery Unit
ii. Government Motor Vehicle Accident Unit
The section coordinates activities related to losses of public money and damage to government motor vehicles in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Public Finance Management Act of 2011 as supplemented by the Financial Instructions and Procedures.
This section is entrusted with effective management of financial resources and it coordinates and implements the national cost recovery activities. It facilitates identification of cost recovery items and monitores the revenue collection progress and advices ministries to review rates on cost recovery items.
Its activities include:
- Determination of surcharge
- Monitoring of surcharge recoveries
- Training line ministries on surcharge process, loss of public funds and cost recovery
- Processing of write-off and abandonment requests from line ministries
- Compile information on cases relating to government motor vehicle accidents and loss of public funds for purposes of reporting in the Annual Statement of Accounts (statement 22).
- Provide support to Accountant General on PAC issues/cases that line ministries submitted requesting for write offs, abandonment and appeals. The role here is ususlly to provide updates on some issues that required memorandum of progress from the previous PAC sitting.